Bright yellows, pinks, and lilacs are the shades that we want to put on when the flowers start to bloom. I couldn’t help but love this years selection of plus size. There was just too many pieces to list!
I was especially impressed with Talbots this year. They had so many beautiful printed tops, slacks, and stunning dresses to pick from. I love looking through the prints. Why buy something plain, when you can go for a print? That is what I think. I have to say they had the most beautiful pieces this year when I ran through the various plus size designers.
The best of all my finds is the Roamans Stretch Bootcut Leggings here. They come in 12-32 plus and are a shapely pant. They are easy to wear, and you can get them in a black which you can wear to the office, or boysenberry, light blue and a pale peach which you can work other pretty tops with. I adore the blue! The stretch makes them easy to wear, and the boot cut will even things out and make you look slim! I love these!
Below are my 45 picks of what I liked this season. I added in some pretty jewelry that you will love too!
Below are 11 tips for putting your best foot forward this summer. Oh smell the flowers!
Wearing clothing that fits well will make any woman appear thinner and in shape. Over-sized clothing results in a a heaver look, and too-tight clothing makes a woman look bigger too. Although it’s tempting to try to hide in a long, bulky sweater or to squeeze into skinny jeans, neither of these strategies works when you’re trying to look thinner. Go for comfort this spring and summer, and pay attention to the cut of the clothing you buy, and the graphics that will make you look thinner. Here are just a few proven ways to look slimmer without losing weight…….
1. Look Thinner in a V-Neckline One way to look thinner is to wear a garment with a flattering V-neckline. V-necklines create a nice vertical line and a give the appearance of a leaner, longer look. Add a statement necklace to bring some shimmer to your pretty face. Work with embellishments on your shirt and draw the attention upwards. Go for a bling bling necklace even with a tee-shirt.
2. Tailored Jackets Are Always A Plus Many women fear that a jacket will add pounds, but the opposite is true if you wear the right jacket. To look thinner, select a shapely, single-breasted, tailored jacket with princess seaming, and avoid long jackets. Go classy this spring and summer by adding a light weight linen jacket to your wardrobe.
3. Look Thinner in a Skirt to the Knees To look thinner, create a longer leg line by wearing skirts around knee length. Skirts that fall just above, at, or just below the knee work best. Avoid mini-skirts and skirt that fall to the calves or ankles. Either an A-line or a straight skirt will do the trick. Sometimes full skirts can look great. Take some risks and try some things outside your comfort zone.
4. Lengthen Your Legs By Wearing Pointed Toe High Heels A long leg line creates the leanest, longest look, so for maximum slimming power, wear heels with pointed toes. The heel doesn’t need to be extra-high, but rather a heel that is a couple of inches will help a woman look thinner. Heels that are extremely high may make a woman look off-balance or out-of-proportion, so many experts suggest wearing heels no higher than four inches. Emphasize the curve of your calf muscles with a nice shoe.
5. Work With Vertical Lines To Create The Illusion Of A Leaner Look When a woman looks taller, she also looks thinner, so wearing vertical lines helps to create a leaner, longer appearance. Go for a maxi dress, or iron a seam in your pants can be one way of getting that longer look.
6. Wearing One Color Can Give You A Thinner Look. Look thinner by dressing all in one color from your top to your shoes. Dark colors look slim, but don’t shy away from the lighter colors either. Work with scarves, jewelry to add color.
7. Increase The Volume Of Your Hair You don’t need to spray it up like it is the 1980s, but do go for the fullness factor. Go for a hairstyle with some curves and volume.
8. Draw Attention To Your Eyes Make your eyes look bigger with artfully applied make up. Drawing attention to the eyes can detract attention from full cheeks and double chins. Keep lipstick colors matte and light. Use shading to draw attention to a lifted eyebrow.
Here are a couple of great articles on the subject of makeup from the pros-
9. Look 10 lbs Thinner in Dark-Wash Jeans Ditch your old jeans, and go shopping for a new pair with a dark wash denim. Forget about the frills, just go with plain pockets, and no no detail. Straight legs or a bootcut are best if you want to look thinner. Although skinny jeans are trendy, the style requires that they be very tight. If you go this route, pair it with a longer top. Experts suggest that flattering looks like straight leg, or bootcut will make your fanny look hot. Look for boot cut jeans in color, such as coral, pink and blue as well.
10. Wear Support Undergarments Too-small bras and panties creates lumps under clothes, where as underwear that fits well gives a smoother, skinnier silhouette. Wear garments that are comfortable. You don’t have to squeeze yourself into support garments, just invest in a great fitting bra that will position your girls upward. By not wearing the right size bra, your breasts can appear droopy which will contribute to the fullness in your middle, while a perky bust line makes the waist look smaller.
Despite the wealth of girls who stuff their bras with tennis balls, socks, gels, and padding, there are plenty of girls complaining about the opposite problem. Navigating the lingerie store can be a tricky task for plus-sized shoppers, especially those with bra sizes ranging from DDs all the way to Ns. Sure there are plenty of bras that offer plus size support, but very few of them provide what plus size girls are really looking for – something cute, something sexy, and most importantly, something that shows off those curves!
11. Dress According To Your Shape– You might be able to pull of clothing your best friend cannot wear, because every woman’s shape is different. Figure out which category you fall into with this chart provided by Bloglovin
Holly’s list of brands that do or don’t make the cut:
- Long and Lean by Gap: “A good brand for jeans.”
- Target: “Target jeans are hit or miss.”
- “I love, love, love mixed textures, especially in late fall, when I combine velvet, lace and chiffon in various colors.””I say no to huge or tiny girly-girl prints.”
- “No printed pants! They exaggerate a woman’s large hips and bum.” Found on boomerinas.com
Petite Plus Size
- Woman Within
- One Stop Plus
- Jessica London
- Lane Bryant
- Fashion Bug
- Land’s End
- ASOS (size 12 to 16)
- Anne Klein
- J. Jill
- J. Crew
- Lands End
- Jones New York
- Ralph Lauren Plus
- Just My Size
- Old Navy
Women’s Plus Size Dolman Tie Dye Top Taupe/Multi -WD·NY Black Target $29
Women’s Plus Size Lace Detail Tank White/Black $39 Target
Women’s Plus Size Shaped Lace Tank Mint Green/Beige-inLUV $49 Target 1x – 3x
Karen Kane Women’s Plus-Size Embroidered Tassel Tie Top $24- $49 here
Karen Kane Women’s Plus-Size Uneven Hem Top $60- $86 here
Karen Kane Women’s Plus-Size Open Placket Top $50 here
Jones New York Women’s Plus-Size Long Sleeve V-Neck Cardigan Sea Mist $78 here
Jones New York Women’s Plus-Size Asymmetrical V-Neck $13- $33 here
Jones New York Women’s Plus-Size Crochet Trim Band Collar Shirt $28-$55
DKNYC Women’s Plus-Size Colorblock Flowy Skirt $99 here
Jones New York Women’s Plus-Size JSPJ Porkchop Pockets Capri Feat Nickel $27-$36 here
Jones New York Women’s Plus-Size JNYJ Lexington Straight Leg $23 here
“Garden Party” Faceted Bead Flower Button Stud Clip-On Earrings$36
Purple by M. Haskell Mixed Crystal and Faceted Bead Flower Drop Earrings $58
Purple by M. Haskell “Moonstone” Triangle Faceted Bead Drop Earrings $36
Purple by M. Haskell “Garden Party” Mixed Faceted Bead Double Drop Earrings $10
Purple by M. Haskell Moonstone Mixed Faceted Bead Round Drop Earrings $74
Purple by M. Haskell Mixed Faceted Bead Oval Drop Earrings $12
Purple by M. Haskell “Mini Statements” Mixed Faceted Bead Drop Earrings $34
Purple by M. Haskell “Riviera” Turquoise Faceted Bead Toggle Bracelet $71
Vintage Style Large Art Deco Bib Statement Necklace $9 From Great Shop On Ebay
Jones New York Women’s Plus-Size Sleeve Topless Shirt Split Crew Neck Scarf $35 – $46 here
Jones New York Women’s Plus-Size Sleeveless Piped Popover $53-$57 here
Adrianna Papell Women’s Plus-Size Short Sleeve Floral Printed Shift Dress $81 -$180 here
Women’s Plus Tropical-Print Tanks – Old Navy
Women’s Plus Poplin Sundresses – Old Navy
Women’s Plus Patterned Chiffon Maxi Dresses Old Navy
Adrianna Papell Women’s Plus-Size Asymmetrical Floral Fit-and-Flare Dress $68- $150 here
Adrianna Papell Women’s Plus-Size Chiffon-Overlay Dress $180 here
Adrianna Papell Women’s Plus-Size Cape Sheath Dress $149 – $180
Democracy Women’s Plus-Size Striped Blouse with Mesh Sleeve and Knit Cuffs $25- $64 here
Democracy Women’s Plus-Size Woven Peasant with Crochet Trims $23 – $51 here
Democracy Women’s Plus-Size 27 Inch 12 Inch Dusty Rose 25 Crop $19-$48 here
Funky Boutique PLUS SIZE Batwing Top Plain Long Sleeve Off Shoulder Available in 16-26 24 colors $8 here
Roamans Women’s Plus Size Embroidered Tier Tunic $32 here
Roamans Women’s Plus Size Ultimate Stretch Bootcut Leggings $67-$72 here
DKNYC Women’s Plus-Size Pleated Roll Tab Shirt Dress $129 here
Roamans Women’s Plus Size Eyelet Maxi Dress $32 here
Adrianna Papell Women’s Plus-Size Scalloped Lace Bodice with Full Skirt $229 here
Art Deco Wide Stretch Bangle Bracelet $14 On Ebay
Art Deco Flower Stretch Bracelet $13 On Ebay
The Great Gatsby Bracelet Bangle Cuff $11 On Ebay
Jessica Simpson Women’s Plus-Size Genevieve Jumpsuit $26-$42 here
Women’s Plus-Size 2 Piece Knit Dress with Cover Up $62 here
Jessica Howard Women’s Plus-Size Sleevless Shirred Keyhole Jumpsuit $39 – $71 here
Adrianna Papell Women’s Plus-Size Elbow-Sleeve Printed Dress $104 here
Stylzoo Women’s Plus Size Stretchy Comfy Palazzo Solid Color Pants $18 Sizes 1x-3x here
Calvin Klein Women’s Plus-Size Slub Linen Camp Jacket $43 here
Women’s Plus-Size Modern Essential Crew Neck Roll Sleeve Top $45 here
Roamans Women’s Plus Size Hankie Hem Tunic $41 here
Roamans Women’s Plus Size Tropicana Maxi Dress $60-$77 here
DKNYC Women’s Plus-Size Modern Crepe and Chiffon Double Layer Dress $142 here
Adrianna Papell Women’s Plus-Size Sleeveless Floral Print Dress $160 here
Roamans Women’s Plus Size Roaman’s Tipped Sequin Tunic $18 here
Roamans Women’s Plus Size Bigshirt $32 here
Roamans Women’s Plus Size Hand-Crocheted Lace Cardigan $57-$62 here
Purple by M. Haskell Blue Bead Statement Necklace, 16″ + 3″ Extender $48 here
Purple by M. Haskell Purple Bead Statement Necklace, 15″ + 4″ extender $19 here
Purple by M. Haskell Gold-Tone Statement Necklace, 18″ $22 here
Purple by M. Haskell Crystal Flower Statement Necklace, 18″ + 4″ extender $27 here
Purple by M. Haskell “Garden Party” Faux-Pearl Y-Shape Necklace $68 here
Purple by M. Haskell “Mini Statements” Shaky Bead Long Necklace, $54
Funky Boutique Women’s Plus Size Pocket Long Sleeve Cardigan $9 – Size 16-26 here
Doublju Women Sleeveless Tunic with Flare Hem Line Small to 4x $25 here
Categories: Wear It Well