Several years ago Michael and I did something drastic in our friends and families eyes. To many of our friends, what we were doing was unthinkable….. We actually gave up Christmas.
We abandoned the holidays of Christmas, Halloween and Easter, and instead ….switched to celebrating the biblical feasts found in the bible such as (Feast of Tabernacles, Passover and so forth) You can find out the significance of these holidays at the bottom of this post……
It was quite a shock to our families, as you can imagine……..and for us, it was very new.
We had to get used to the idea of new celebrations on different dates. It wasn’t out of obligation, but rather excitement to find all the celebrations in the scriptures were backed by more meaning than the ones we had kept for years and years.
What we found was, the financial burden of Christmas was taken off our shoulders, and the actual biblical celebrations cost no money, and held a lot more meaning.
God’s word in the “Old Testament” is still alive and active today.
The best thing about these celebrations is they are for ALL those who believe in the God of the Bible. It just so happens to be that Judah, (the Jews) (one of the 12 tribes) was the only ones who really have kept them going over the years. They are not called Jewish feasts, because they belong to all the children of God. Millions of Christians are grabbing a hold of these things, and a big movement of this has occurred in the last 30 or so years.
Many Of Our Previous Articles On This Subject
– Land Sabbaths Here In The Present And Past – Why God Really Exists
– Prophecy Coming Alive In Our Day- Major Obstacle To The Rebuilding Of The Temple Removed Why God Really Exists
– Are We To Keep The Old Testament Law? If So, How? Why God Really Exists
– 9 Coincidental Happenings on Biblical Jewish Holidays –Why God Really Exists
– Sabbath Keeping? Festival Keeping? Should WE Keep Them? –Why God Really Exists
– New Moon Dates From 2014- 2021- Why God Really Exists
– Pagan Christmas? Why Thousands Of Christians Are Abandoning Christmas- Why God Really Exists
– Pagan Christmas? – The Shofar Horn
– December 25th Was Baal’s Birthday Before It Was Celebrated As Christmas-The Shofar Horn
– Was Jesus Born During The Feast Of Tabernacles And Not On Christmas?- The Shofar Horn
– The Biblical Festivals In The Old Testament Are Actually Prophecies That Contain Amazing Evidence For Christianity – Evidence For Christianity
– Jesus Was Born During The Feast Of Tabernacles- Evidence For Christianity
– Happy Passover- Evidence For Christianity
– The Seventh Day Sabbath- The Shofar Horn
– 10 Reasons Why Rosh Hashanah Is A Christian Holiday Too-The Shofar Horn
– Long Before New Moon Was A Movie It Was A Holiday Instituted By God- The Shofar Horn
– Joseph Dumond – The Curses & Why The Sabbatical and Jubilee Years are so Important- Youtube
– Should Christians Celebrate Passover Or Easter?- The Shofar Horn
Passover 2012- My Husband Michael
Passover 2012 Myself
Why The Biblical Feasts Are So Interesting………….
Think of the appointed festivals in Leviticus 23 as DRESS REHEARSALS. We are to rehearse them year to year, so we KNOW what to expect when the real thing unfolds.
The Festivals that have been kept for thousands of years by the followers of Yahweh are those such as (Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits), AND ( Pentecost, Trumpets and Atonement) You also have “New Moon, Shmita, and Jubilee as additional special festivals.
- The festival of “Feast of Tabernacles“, was a celebration held for thousands of years. The believers of Yahweh would gather in Jerusalem, and would set up tents and dwell in them as one of the main requirements of the festival. So think of a week of camping, more or less. Why were they brought to that location….., and why the tents? In fact, Yeshua Jesus was born 5 miles out of the city at the START of this festival in a humble tent. Yahweh was telling them that they would be celebrating Yeshua our redeemer who was to come. Now that he has come, we celebrate his birthday on that day. This happens in the fall season, not winter. Amazing eh?
- The festival of Passover – for thousands of years, the believers would have to sacrifice a lamb for their sins on this festival. A male first born lamb was required without spot or blemish. The very day that the lamb was to be examined by the festival, Yeshua rode in on a donkey, in essence to be examined by the people as THEIR lamb. He died for our sins right on Passover, and in the word, the Romans were responsible to get him down, off the tree before the Feast of Unleavened Bread started. He then fulfilled the festival of “First Fruits” resurrecting on that exact day. Amazing !!!
Every feast was timed perfectly to full-fill prophecy. Yeshua was born on Yahweh’s high holy day, died on Yahweh’s High Holy Day, and Resurrected on Yahweh’s High Holy Day, and WILL return On Yahweh’s High Holy Day. All these festivals have a purpose. Yahweh was telling us to PAY ATTENTION on these days.
- Feast of Trumpets is when Yeshua will gather us up to the Great supper, and just a little while later, we will return with him on Atonement, where he will take down Satan and reign for 1000 years. In the word of God, he tells us WHERE Yeshua will return in advance….. We celebrate this day as millions of other believers have before us, but these two prophecies are yet to be full-filled.
- Pentecost is when the Holy Spirit was poured out. Again, the location of this festival was pre-determined and celebrated for thousands of years, because ONE year, the Holy Spirit would be given, just like Yeshua was born on one of the years of “Tabernackles”
So there you go! Now you know the reason behind these festivals…. and that there is purpose behind them…….
For years, I often wondered how bunnies tied into Easter, or why we celebrate Santa Claus…or so many of the other traditions. I came to learn the history behind them, and even though so many others still keep them, we decided that the feasts actually contain richer meaning for us.
We still have our own special present giving, and other things that make these holidays unique for us. We are learning and growing in them as the years pass. You simply cannot do wrong, if you are trying your best to keep them.
The best thing is knowing that God had created them for a purpose. Stumbling across them changed our lives…. I hope you can find richness in them as well. Meranda~