How Well is Your Detox System Working?
- Are you constipated
- Do you urinate small amounts of dark, strong-smelling urine only a few times a day?
- Do you rarely break into a real sweat?
- Do you have one or more of the following symptoms: fatigue, muscle aches, headaches, concentration, or memory problems?
- Do you have fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome?
- Do you drink tap or well water?
- Do you have your clothes dry cleaned?
- Do you work or live in a “tight” building with poor ventilation or windows that don’t open?
- Do you live in a large urban or industrial area?
- Do you use household or lawn and garden chemicals or have your house or apartment treated for bugs by an exterminator?
- Do you have more than one or two mercury amalgams (“silver” fillings)?
- Do you eat large fish (swordfish, tuna, shark, tile fish ) more than once a week?
- Are you bothered by one or more of the following: gasoline or diesel fumes, perfumes, new-car smells, fabric stores, dry cleaning, hair spray or other strong odors, soaps, detergents, tobacco smoke, or chlorinated water?
- Do you have a negative reaction when you consume foods containing garlic or onions, MSG, sulfite’s, (found in wine, salad bars, dried fruit) sodium benzoate (a preservative) red wine, cheese, bananas, chocolate or small amount of alcohol? I am definitely not endorsing drinking…just sharing what might be a helpful symptom from Dr. Hyman to help you see if your liver is toxic
- When you drink coffee or other substances containing caffeine, do you feel wired, have increased aches in muscles and joints, or have hypoglycemic symptoms (anxiety, palpitations, sweating, and dizziness)?
- Do you regularly consume any of the following substances or medications: acetaminophen (Tylenol), acid-blocking drugs (Tagamet, Zantac, Pepcid, Prilosec, Prevacid), hormone modulating medications in pills, patches or creams (the birth control pill, estrogen, progesterone, prostate medication), ibuprofen or naproxen, medications for colitis or Crohn’s disease, medications for recurrent headaches, allergy symptoms, nausea, diarrhea, or indigestion?
- Have you had jaundice (turned yellow), or have you been told you have Gilbert’s syndrome( an elevation of a liver test for bilirubin)?
- Do you have a history of any of the following conditions: breast cancer, smoking-induced lung cancer or other type of cancer, prostate problems, food allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances.
- Do you have a family history of Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or other motor neuron diseases or multiple sclerosis?
If you answered yet to the questions above or most of them…you are toxic and you need to detox under a doctors supervision.
Living in a Sea of Toxins: The Problem
Since the turn of the twentieth century, 80,000 new chemicals have been introduced and most have never been tested for safety. Every single person and animal on the planet contains residues of toxic chemicals or metals in its tissues. Chemical toxins move quickly from your blood into storage sites-mostly fat tissue, organs, and bones-so blood or urine levels severely underestimate our total toxic load.
Read More Of This Article At hisgraceissufficienthealth.com
Martha Stewart Feb 2012 Issue
Martha Stewart December 2012
Martha Stewart December 2012