Large Cat Cave Bed- Handmade 100% Wool $55 Amazon (Amazon Affiliate Link)
Pet Collar In Blue, Green Brown and Black – $9 On Ebay
Cat luxuries has been an ever growing market over the years. You might not have found a cat or dog sweater 20 years ago in stores, but today there is a large industry based around pampered pets. Everything from pet apparel, to pet jewelry and everything between is marketed heavily.
Paris Hilton, catapulted the luxury pet industry by appearing in hundreds of magazines with her toy dog. Hilton’s love for dogs led her to create an apparel line for dogs called Little Lily by Paris Hilton, with some of the proceeds going to benefit animal rescue. Paris Hilton’s pups have mansion of their own. costing a whopping $325,000. Such extravagance doesn’t sit well with the many people in the U.S. struggling to hold on to their homes. Who spends that amount of money on their pets? You would be surprised!
You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to pamper your pets, when you can buy a new collar, a lush bed, or a fun cat hat for under 20 dollars. Here are some ideas for your little fur babies that don’t cost too much money:
Give Cat Nip As A Gift To Your Cats
If you’re a cat owner, you’re probably familiar with catnip, a perennial herb completely irresistible to cats. Catnip has the unique ability to hypnotize cats into a state of bliss that humans can only stand back and chuckle at. Although catnip is available at most stores, the plant is so easy to keep that you might want to consider growing and harvesting it yourself.
Buy Seeds or Starter Plants- You can start growing your own catnip by purchasing either seeds or starter plants. If you’re starting out with seeds, gently press seeds into several small soil-filled pots. Once you notice that your seeds are beginning to sprout, remove the plastic wrap and place the pots somewhere where they will receive at least six hours of full sunlight. Starter plants can be planted outdoors right away in the spring. Catnip reaches heights of three to four feet or more and can spread rather quickly. Find a spot that receives full sun and plant seedlings about 12 to 16″ apart.
Consider buying Marley’s Cat Grass I POUND ( 20,000) Seeds- Sold On Amazon for $13
Harvesting Catnip- Once you’re plants have reached heights of 10 to 12″, you can begin to harvest them. Cut the stems at their bases, never removing more than half of the plant’s stems at one time. Fresh leaves can be given to your cats, or you can dry them by tying the stems up in bunches and hanging them upside down in a dark area such as a basement cellar or pantry.
Prymal Lion Mane Cat Hat. Turn Your Cat Into a Ferocious Lion! $12 On Amazon
Namsan Puppy Dog Pet Doggie Cats $10 on Amazon
IMAX 87458 Benjamin Truck Pet Bed $119 On Amazon
Cat Toys From Smart Cat
Cats in Hats: 30 Knit and Crochet Hat Patterns for Your Kitty- $12 On Amazon
Cute Pink Cathead Type Covered Dog Cat Pet Bed Pet House $36 On Ebay
Luxury Spoiled Cute Stainless Supplies On Ebay
Cat or Dog Name Tag Disc From Enind’s Emporium On Ebay
(Ernest Bieler (1863-1948) – Portrait of Edouard Rod, 1909)
10 Commandments For Pet Owners
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God’s critters.
Categories: Your Personal Shopper