While there is not an abundance of research to promote these claims, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence. In fact, black sesame seeds have been used for this very purpose in traditional Chinese medicine for hundreds of years.
Black sesame seeds are packed with fiber, vitamin E, phytosterols, lecithin, oligosaccharides, selenium, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, magnesium, folate, copper, zinc and iron.
But, the two specific substances that are believed to help darken hair fibers are sesamin and sesamolin.
Some of the other health benefits of black sesame seeds include:
- Delaying aging
- Protecting skin from UV rays damage
- Reducing blood cholesterol levels and preventing hardening of the arteries
- Reducing blood sugar levels
- Supporting liver and kidney functions
- Improving health of the reproduction system
- Boosting the immune system and preventing oxidative stress
- Improving brain health
- And many more!
Read more at juicing-for-health.com