Green Body Natural Deodorant – greenbodydeo.com
UPDATE – 2020…. This company went out of business! I wish I would have known. I cannot find any contact info for this company!
(UPDATE Feb 2017 – I have used greenbodydeo.com for about 2 years and I wish I knew about it earlier. I give it a 5 star! I never have a problem sweating, and my clothes don’t stink with this deodorant. It is by far the best formula I have ever tried. I only use the Athletic Scent (Refreshing Wintergreen & Pine blend, including notes of Clary Sage & Camphor essential oils)
Many of us will be willing to try a new brand of facial cream, but when it comes to deodorants, we say heck no! We are all sensitive when it comes to how we smell, and sweating in general. In fact, it has only been about 100 years since roll on /wipe on deodorants were invented. In the past, women or men, would carry around tiny metal boxes that contained perfume. In Elizabethan England, girls placed apple slices in their armpits to absorb their body odor.
Many of us have tried all natural deodorants in the past, and to be honest, they never seem to work like the brand names with all the yucky ingredients. However, the good news is that today there are SO many more brands on the shelves than 5 years ago.
Why Should I Switch From A Product That Works Well?
People are becoming aware that aluminium can accumulate in the kidneys and other important organs like the liver, lungs, thyroid and even the brain, and where it causes harm is over the long exposure to the metal build up.
With the talk about aluminium causing breast cancer, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, it is no wonder why more people are determined to find better choices for their deodorants, that don’t contain parabens, synthetic ingredients or petrochemicals additives.
While you can be exposed to aluminium through aluminium cookware, soda cans and cosmetics, BUT if your deodorant uses ” aluminium chlorohydrate” as it’s main ingredient, it’s likely to be one of the biggest sources of any aluminium in your body. Multiply your use of deodorant by one or more times a day for a lifetime, which adds up to massive exposure to aluminum.
Why Do They Use Aluminium In Antiperspirant Deodorants?
The chemical aluminium chlorohydrate is created by reacting hydrochloric acid with aluminium.
One alarming fact is that aluminium, can be used in high concentrations in antiperspirant deodorants ( to 25%) to block sweat ducts, alter the pH of the skin and reduce sweat production.
In order for aluminium chlorohydrate to prevent sweating, they need to absorbed into the skin, by blocking the sweat ducts well before sweating begins. So chances are, if you are already sweating, it won’t have any effect on making you feel drier. So, in order for it to be effective, it has to be ABSORBED into the body.
The Underarm Areas Absorb 100% Of Topical Products
- Did You Know That Your Skin Absorbs 60% Of The Products You Use? Natural or chemical, it doesn’t matter. The Herb Research Foundation
- According to Ananda Mahony (A skin care specialist who has been working in the nutraceutical research & development since 1998) that the underarm and gentilia area absorbs up to 100% of the products you put on your skin.
- The underarms and genitalia showed up to a 100% absorption estimate (Kasting, 2005).
- Fragrance ingredients, showed a 100% absorption rate (Robinson et al, 2000). This especially becomes alarming with phthalates found in artificial fragrance.
- The Chemical Hazards Handbook from the London Hazards Centre Trust says “Although the skin acts as a protective barrier against many micro-organisms and chemicals, some chemicals can penetrate the skin and enter the blood stream.”
- Researcher Linda Chaé, for thehealthytruth.net, says “Recent studies by dermatologists at the University of California and a multiple university cooperative team confirm that skin absorption is the major route of entry [for chemicals from skin or hair products getting into the womb.”
Antiperspirants with Large Amounts of Aluminum:
- 5 Day® Antiperspirant Pads (25%)
- Mitchum® Power Gel (25%)
- Certain Dri® Solid (25%)
- ODABAN® Spray(20%)
- Drysol® and Xerac AC® Solid (20%)
- Mitchum® Solid (20%)
- Secret® Clinical Strength Solid (20%)
- Gillete® Clinical Strength Solid (20%)
- Anhydrol Forte® Roll-on (20%)
Antiperspirants with Moderate Amounts of Aluminum:
- Secret® Regular Strength Invisible Solid (19%)
- Ban Invisible solid (19%)
- Suave 24 Hour Protection Solid (18.2%)
- Degree® invisible Solid (17.8%)
- Sure® Original Solid (16%)
- Lady Speed Stick® Solid 24/7 (15.4%)
- Dove® Invisible Solid (14.8%)
- Soft and Dri Clear Glide Invisible Solid (13%)
- Certain Dri® Roll-on (12%)
– See more Infant Risk.com
What I Intend On Trying
This all-natural yet powerful deodorant cream utilizes superfine vegetable powders, clays, and lavender, peppermint and tea tree essential oils to absorb moisture, inhibit bacteria, and ensure a long-lasting and highly effective experience.
The frosting-like consistency ensures effortless manual application and quick absorption. Ideal for all skin types. Soapwalla’s Deodorant Cream is free from harmful chemicals, petroleum, or aluminum (linked to alzheimer’s and breast cancer), is vegan, and is never ever tested on animals.
The deodorant cream is effective at absorbing moisture; because no aluminum is used (it is not an antiperspirant). Caution: You may notice increased skin sensitivity the day you shave. If so, please refrain from using the day you shave, and resume your deodorant use the next day. Alternatively, some clients shave in the evening, then use the deodorant the next morning without issue.
NOTE: In hot weather, your deodorant may arrive in a liquefied state – don’t fret! No unnecessary waxes or hardeners are used, so temperature fluctuations will alter the solidity of your deodorant. Simply mix thoroughly to reincorporate clays and liquids, then pop in the freezer for about 20 min, until resolidified.
SHELF LIFE: Please use within 6 months. Directions: Ensure deodorant is mixed completely (some separation is normal), scoop a little with your finger and gently apply to the entire armpit (don’t push hard, it’s sensitive skin). Make sure it’s absorbed completely (absorbs quickly), then go about your day stink-free!
- Soapwalla’s Deodorant Cream is free from harmful chemicals, petroleum, or aluminum (linked to alzheimer’s and breast cancer), is vegan, and is never ever tested on animals.
- This all-natural yet powerful deodorant cream utilizes superfine vegetable powders, clays, and lavender, peppermint and tea tree essential oils to absorb moisture, inhibit bacteria, and ensure a long-lasting and highly effective experience.
- Soapwalla organic skincare products are designed to cleanse without stripping the oils that our skin naturally produces.
Review From Beauty Palette Blog
Review From LuLu Lemon Blog
Review From NY Magazine
Weleda Deodorant Wild Rose $11 On Amazon
Rose is said to be a natural antibacterial and in an unscientific trial seemed to be the most effective of the three Weleda products.
Primal Pit Paste Deodorant- $12 Amazon
Subscribe to the lovely Teri Miyahira…
Green Body Natural Deodorant – greenbodydeo.com
Nasty Facts With Aluminium
Aluminium Can Cross The Brain Barrier – “Chemicals can be absorbed through skin and into the blood stream, causing toxic effects,” says the Extension Toxicology Network (EXTOXNET). Aluminium is also a recognized neurotoxin that affects the normal functioning of the blood brain barrier.
- Many Believe Aluminum Is Linked To Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Research shows aluminum can produce toxic, oxidative stress in the brain and a brain autopsy study of elderly persons found them to have aluminum levels 20+ times higher than a middle-aged group. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2012,J Alzheimers Dis. 2001, Aluminum exposure and Alzheimer’s Disease
- The University School of Medicine in Belgrade showed that drinking water with a high aluminum and low fluoride concentration is associated with Alzheimer’s risk – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- The Department of Neurology and Psychiatry at Saint Louis University is that aluminum may cause liver toxicity. Brenner S. Med Hypotheses – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Researchers at The School of Studies in Zoology at Jiwaji University in India conclude aluminum associated with Alzheimer’s. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- The University of California, Irvine’s Department of Medicine has reported that aluminum causes inflammation in the brain, and brain aging. Environmental Aluminum Is Still An Issue.
- Another research paper reviewed all of the scientific evidence related to aluminium exposure and the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease on Medline and Lilacs databases over a 15 year period. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
2. Many Believe Aluminum Is Linked To Breast Cancers
Aluminium is known to become concentrated in breast tissues with regular use of antiperspirant deodorants.
- This study found a high incidence of breast cancer in the upper outer quadrant of the breast which can be said to be evidence for locally applied cosmetic chemicals in the development of breast cancer. Aluminium, Antiperspirants and Breast cancer ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Aluminum Is Deposited In Your Breast Tissue– Research, including one study published this year in the Journal of Applied Toxicology, has shown that the aluminum is not only absorbed by your body, but is deposited in your breast tissue and even can be found in nipple aspirate fluid. Researchers determined that the mean level of aluminum in nipple aspirate fluid was significantly higher in breast cancer-affected women compared to healthy women, which may suggest a role for raised levels of aluminum as a biomarker for identification of women at higher risk of developing breast cancer. articles.mercola.com
- Aluminum salts can mimic the hormone estrogen, and chemicals that imitate that hormone are known to increase breast cancer risk. articles.mercola.com
- A recent study published in the Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry found increased levels of aluminum in non-invasively collected nipple aspirate fluids from 19 breast cancer patients ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Wearing Bras With An Under wire may act as an antenna attracting electromagnetic fields, which may also increase your risk of breast cancer. articles.mercola.com
- Sweat gland obstruction via the use of aluminium-containing antiperspirants may be contributing to increased incidence of prostate and breast cancer. – GreenMedInfo
- Mammograms, expose your body to radiation that can be 1,000 times greater than that from a chest x-ray, which we know poses a cancer risk. READ MORE at mercola.com
Truly’s Natural Deodorant $7.99 On Amazon
- Fragrance and chemical free – No parabens, aluminum, or propylene glycol
- Ingredients: Contains only Organic Coconut Oil, Powdered Sugar, Baking Soda, Beeswax
Thai Deodorant Stick Deodorant Stones of America $7 On Amazon- (Contains Alum )
SOME SOME “Natural” Crystal Deodorant Stones Aren’t Exactly What They Say They Are…
Shucks! In SOME of the crystal stones may be openly disclosing their ingredients, and perhaps not listing aluminum in their ingredients, however, ALUM, is a form of aluminum, which most people (including myself) don’t know.
Here is What This Person Says In The Screen Shot Above- “Alum is not Aluminum, it is an inorganic salt. There is 2 types of Alum commonly used it deodorants Aluminum Alum and Potassium Alum. The Aluminum variety still contains Aluminum obviously, while the potassium version while not completely benign is much better.” In Other Words, Aluminum Alum and Potassium Alum are Both Aluminum
According to mercola.com, “the companies that produce these claim that the mineral salts are too large to be absorbed and thus provide no danger. However, we have been unable to uncover any solid evidence that supports this claim so it would seem prudent to avoid using them”
According to Chemistry About.com, Alum, can Enter Into The Bloodstream. “Alum in deodorant may be absorbed across the skin into the bloodstream. Although it is deemed safe enough for this purpose by the Food and Drug Administration, there may be negative health consequences from continued exposure to the aluminum ions in the alum”
- “Potassium Alum” Is Not Aluminum Free -While many claim to be aluminum-free, they are referring to aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum chloride, aluminum hydroxybromide or aluminum zirconium. “Crystal” deodorant stones, often claim to be aluminum-free, but some actually contain a different type of compound known as an alum, the most common form being potassium alum, also known as potassium aluminum sulfate. Potassium Alum or Ammonium Alum are natural mineral salts made up of molecules that are too large to be absorbed by your skin. While they may be a better alternative, they are not completely aluminum-free. articles.mercola.com
- What Is Alum? Usually when you hear about alum it is in reference to potassium alum, which is the hydrated form of potassium aluminum sulfate. Sometimes alum is seen in its crystalline form, although it is most often sold as a powder. Potassium alum is a fine white powder that you can find sold with kitchen spices or pickling ingredients. It is also sold as a large crystal as a “deodorant rock” for underarm use. Chemistry About.com
- Alum – a double sulfate of of ammonium or a univalent metal (such as sodium or potassium) and a trivalent metal (such as aluminum, iron or chromium): it is used as an astringent, as an emetic and in the manufacture of baking powders, dyes and paper; the commonest form is potash alum (potassium aluminum sulfate). Straight Dope.com
- Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database gives “potassium alum” a rating of 1,
You won’t find the ingredients on this product on their website, We see “mineral” but the main active ingredient is aluminium.
Going Forward- What To Look For
– Double Check Ingredients In Antiperspirants -Most product labelled “antiperspirant” will contain high levels of aluminium unless otherwise stated. Many natural antiperspirants also contain aluminium and you really have to check the labels. An aluminium free deodorant should prevent underarm odor without clogging up your sweat ducts. It is totally natural to sweat, and our glands are there to keep us cool in the first place.
-Check the label not only for “aluminum” but also for potassium alum or potash alum, as the full chemical name potassium aluminum sulfate.
– Toss Your Antiperspirants out For Deodorant– Antiperspirants, not deodorants. Don’t confuse the two. Most all antiperspirants use aluminum or alum-based salts to plug the sweat glands.
– Look For Parabens As Well As Aluminium. Parabens are chemical preservatives that have an estrogenic effect in your body and are also linked to a possible increase in breast cancer and other cancers.
– Keep An Eye Out For Triclosan – which is an antibacterial agent used in some deodorant products. Scientists are calling for it to be banned from cosmetic products due to concerns about its impact on bacterial resistance and it’s potential endocrine-disrupting effects. Tea tree oil and silver are effective alternative antibacterial products that are well known and proven.
Additional Articles On Natural Deodorant – WHAT Products Work….
- The Most Effective Natural Deodorants & Dangers of Antiperspirant –Living Pretty Naturally
- Natural Deodorant Reviews Kimberly Loc
- 8 Natural Deodorants That Don’t STINK! xoJane
- Every Man Jack Deodorant Review –MensJournal.com
All-Natural Deodorant Showdown! Reviews + Comparisons! YOUTUBE
- Natural Deodorants – I’m giving up the aluminum –Health Balance Happiness
Professional Botanicals | Naturally Botanicals | Metal Detox 90 Tabs $34 On Amazon
Road Test: 9 Natural Deodorants- Dawn Davis At Total Beauty
See the rest of the 9 deodorants that came in second
Winner – Lavanila Deodorants – Try It From Amazon
Winner Lavilin Roll On Deodorant $10 – Amazon
See the other 10 products they reviewed at NYmag.com
From Lavilin.com — Aqua (Water), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Zinc Oxide, Lactose, Mik Protein, Bifica Ferment Lysate, Capryloyl Glycine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cocoyl Proline, Sodium Acrylate/ Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Maltodextrin, Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Allantoin.
View Their TOP 5 Natural Deodorants That They Say Works- MNN.com
Weleda Deodorant $11 On Amazon
Adidas Deodorant Aluminum Free- Zero percent aluminum and zero percent alcohol. This deodorant works pretty good and has a nice fitness fresh smell. $11 On Amazon
This deodorant isn’t a great choice. It contains Triclosan, amongst some other chemical ingredients. (Animal studies have shown that triclosan alters hormone regulation as well as triclosan contributes to making bacteria resistant to antibiotics.) See a picture of the ingredients here
Biotherm Deo Pure – $21- $28 on Amazon
They don’t give a complete list of the ingredients on the Biotherm website. They say corn extract, aloe vera, and orange extract, with nothing else. There is no ingredient lists on Amazon either.
Herban Cowboy Forest Deodorant Maximum Protection $5.99 On Amazon
Organic Island Deodorant – Natural Deodorant $15 On Amazon
Nature’s Gate Organics Fruit Blend Deodorant, Mandarin Orange $3.77 On Amazon
Jungleman All-Natural Deodorant,$5.99 On Amazon
Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant $13 On Amazon
Crystal – Crystal Stick Body Deodorant $7 On Amazon
Weleda Deodorant Wild Rose $11 On Amazon
Weleda’s glass-bottled deodorant sprays (rose, citrus and sage) are third-party certified by various organizations including BDIH, NaTrue and Demeter, and the company is a signer of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics Pact. Rose is said to be a natural antibacterial and in an unscientific trial seemed to be the most effective of the three Weleda products.
Crystal Body Spray, 4 fl oz spray ( Multi-Pack) 6 Bottles For $16.20 On Amazon
- 100 percent natural mineral salts
- Does not contain aluminum chlorohydrate
- Fragrance-free, hypo-allergenic, leaves no white residue
- Can be sprayed inside shoes, on feet, and on clothing; for women and men
Jungleman All-Natural Deodorant,$5.99 On Amazon 4 Ingredients- Corn starch, sustainable palm oil from non-peatlands, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), tea tree oil.
By Katie C “I ordered this for my husband. We wanted to limit chemicals on our bodies – and his attempt to stop using mainstream antiperspirant was STINKY. He tried several other brands (Crystal, Tom’s, whatever else they have at Whole Foods etc) and none worked. He would come home from work stinky, and even have b/o almost immediately after a shower. Beyond the chemicals in typical men’s deodorant he often complained that the serious stuff wouldn’t wash off well and he never felt clean. Jungleman has solved all the problems!! When he comes home from work (he is a chef in Texas = hot/humid/hard work) he barely smells, the body odor is probably even less noticeable than when he used Right Guard or Old Spice, there aren’t any chemicals, and it washes off in the shower. He’s been using for about two weeks now and we want to buy a case. Seriously good stuff, I highly recommend. Wish I could give it 6 stars!”
Crystal – Crystal Stick Body Deodorant $7 On Amazon Does Not Contain: Aluminum chlorohydrate, fragrance, perfumes, chemicals
By Travis M. Owens A little secret nobody wants you to know, or they are just too ignorant to be aware of is that alumnium is a heavy metal that causes permenant nerve damage (think about that next time you get a can of soda). The way commercial deodorants prevent perspiring is with an alternate form of alumnium. There has been a large amount of research proving how a lifetime of alumnium intake via deodorant and soda cans leads to alheimerz disease, as well as memory loss and lack of motor function. I’ve tried many natural deodorants and some have worked ok but none of them every worked better than commercial ones until I tried the one that sounded so silly, I had refused to try it. What I’m talking about is what many people call the “thai stone” or “crystal” or “mineral”. As a consumer I’ve come to believe you need a goop of substance in yoru arm pit to prevent body odor but as I learned more about I realized it’s not your sweat that smells but oils being broken down by bacteria that smell. So the obvious solution here is to prevent the bacteria, not cover up or block the odor. I tried the stone and the very first day it worked better than any deordorant in my life, even after physical activities. What is more surprising is after you wet the stone and rub it on, you’ll swear nothing actually is on your armpit but my daily activities have proven what little is being transferred to your body, works like butter on toast”
Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant $13 On Amazon
By Andre Duvigneaud “I purchased this product because wanted a natural alternative to regular deodorant. The good news is that it works well. The bad news is that it isn’t natural at all; it contains a Triclosan, a synthetic wide spectrum biocide. Triclosan can degrade to dioxin and chloroform gas. I guess I still have to choose between stinky pits or a carcinogen-free house”
By Nicole Machi “Unfortunately I didn’t read the review about this product containing tricolsan until AFTER I made the purchase. I wish I had because reading about the possible effects of triclosan was enough to send me straight back to my aluminum deodorant. (At least until I realized I had 4 of these and hate to waste.) Aluminum is scary, but not quite AS scary. Be warned if you’re trying to do something healthy for your body, and research a bit before you decide.
By Eryn Morris “I have been looking for a deodorant that is free of aluminum. I don’t really care one way or the other about any of the other chemicals that folks worry about avoiding, but there is very close history of Alzheimer’s Disease in my family and its been speculated that aluminum might be a contributing factor to the disease. While that may yet be proven false, I really don’t care to take the chance. There are other reasons I dislike antiperspirants. Sweating is good, sweating helps flush the body out. Basically? We have a biological need to sweat and its not a good idea to try and alter natural body processes. They are there for a reason. The idea of every one of my pores being individually plugged is not comforting and has led to irritation in the past.
Nature’s Baby Organics Silky Dusting Powder $8 On Amazon
– certified organics ingredients
– cruelty free
– free of talc, GMO Cornstarch, preservatives, gluten, propylene glycol, paraben
– made in the USA (California)
– fragrance free!
Nature’s Baby Organics Silky Dusting Powder Pack of 2 $11 on Amazon
This 100% talc free powder is made with highly absorbent tapioca starch able to absorb both moisture and oils.
- Made with Certified Organic Aloe, Chamomile and Calendula
- Preservative Free
- USDA Certified Organic
Schmidt’s Handcrafted Organic Deodorant Lavender+Sage $11 On Amazon
Crafted by hand in the Pacific Northwest, Schmidt’s Deodorant is made from a signature blend of 100% all natural ingredients that really works. The formula effectively neutralizes underarm odor and absorbs wetness without the use of aluminum or other harmful chemicals. Schmidt’s Deodorant is a true pleasure to wear. Schmid’ts offers a product that is vegan, cruelty-free, propylene glycol-free, paraben-free and phthalate-free.
By M. Thompson
- Keeps you incredibly dry
- Absorbs all negative odors and has a very light scent, nothing overpowering or obvious.
- Is easy to apply and really blends into skin
- Has no apparent residue that will show up on your clothes
- My pickiest daughter loves it! “Hey Mikey!”
- You have to rub it into your skin by hand. It is basically like a cream but a bit dryer than that. It has a little applicator spoon, but that is just to scoop a little out of the bottle. Then you rub it into your skin using your fingers. This may be unsettling for someone used to sticks or roll-ons but you forget about this fact right around the third application. Because of this I cannot in good conscience remove a single star.
I should also mention the high price/small container, but by now I have realized that you do pay much more for healthier alternatives to more common products.
This is absolutely the best deodorant I have ever tried. I like it even more than the ones I used to apply when I was ignorant of the side effects of using certain chemicals in deodorants. I have only tried the Lavender + Sage scent, but I will eventually check the others out. For now, I am just making sure we each have a bottle of this stuff so I can finally throw away anything with aluminum in it. FINALLY!
DeodoMom Roll-on – A Hypoallergenic Lotion Deodorant: ZERO% Aluminum $12 On Amazon
ZERO% Aluminum, Alcohol, or Parabens: 2 ingredients – Water and Magnesium Hydroxide (a mineral safe enough to eat).
21st Century Herbal Clear Deodorant, Aloe Fresh, $3.67 On Amazon
Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Water, Stearic Acid, Steareth-20, Sodium Chloride, Trolamine, bisabolol, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander) Extract, Symphytum Officianale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethyl Phenyl 2-Butanol, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, Melaleuca Alternisolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance.Does not contain aluminum, parabens, alcohol, dyes or artificial bactericides.
By On a Mission “I purchased this deodorant for my husband who has developed chemical sensitivities to a number of products due to mercury/heavy metal toxicity caused by the “silver” aka mercury fillings in his teeth. The packaging and label fooled me into believing it was a good, natural product. When my husband developed a bad reaction to the deodorant, I inspected the label and the list of ingredients. The very first ingredient is Propylene Glycol – do some research on this chemical – it is reported to have severe adverse health effects including contact dermatitis and allergies, kidney and liver damage. I didn’t need to research any of the other ingredients as this first one was enough for me to toss the remaining deodorant in the trash. I’m completely and totally offended that this company would put itself out there as producing a healthy, safe product when in fact it contains harmful chemicals. Yes, it has no aluminum, paraben or alcohol, but it does contain toxic substances. Buyer beware!”
Geodeo Detox Complex Deodorant – 97% Natural. No aluminum, no sulfates, no parabens, no petrochemicals, no dyes, no phthalates. Allergen free and no animal testing. Try it from Amazon
The reviews are mixed….. Here is what three people had to say:
By KSS ” I tried this for a full week. Maybe I should have given it longer time, but I can’t go to work smelling like I have poor hygiene. I didn’t sweat any more with this than with aluminum-containing deodorants, but I did have odor after a few hours. I applied at night so it would have time to dry and “work”. I even tried applying twice (at night after shower, and again in the morning before work). Maybe it would be ok if its reapplied every few hours, but that’s too much trouble in my opinion”
By Sconnie Girl “LOVE this deodorant! My experience with natural deodorants is that they don’t work… this one works ALL DAY without the need for reapplying! You should know if you are switching from an antiperspirant (like I did) you need to allow 2 weeks for the detox process. But it’s worth the peace of mind I get knowing I’m not adding chemicals to my body that may cause cancer tumors and Alzheimer’s. Stop drugging your armpits!”
By genevieve “I have been searching for a natural deodorant for a long time. I have tried everything I have come across, from lush products to using baking soda, and nothing worked. Everything I had tried had me smelling within an hour of application. I thought that I would never find anything that worked and I would have to use scary toxic deodorants forever. Until I found this at my local Duane Reade and it was on sale, so I thought why not try it out and it’s a freaking miracle it works. I will never use anything else. I feel that with any deodorant you use you need to find one that is compatible with your chemistry. So don’t give up on natural deodorants this one may not work for you, but it may work for someone else, and it’s not about a product being bad/not working (yes, some products are, but truly what works for the individual.”
INGREDIENTS:Organic Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil; Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil; Organic Rosehip Seed Oil; Butyrospermun parkii (Shea) Butter; Organic Corn Starch; Sodium Bicarbonate; Kaolin Clay; Organic Vegan Kosher Glycerin; Essential oils of: Organic Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender); Organic Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree); Organic Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange); Organic Mentha Piperita (Peppermint); Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergaptene-free Bergamot).
Green Tidings All Natural Deodorant $10 On Amazon
Using only the finest natural and organic ingredients, there are no man-made chemicals Green Tidings’ All Natural Deodorant. The ingredients were not tested on animals, nor the finished product. Certified Cruelty Free by Leaping Bunny. Green Tidings All Natural Deodorant is: Non-toxic, Organic, Vegan, Gluten-free, Corn-free, Soy-free, Paraben-free, SLS-free, Aluminum-free, Propylene-glycol free, Fragrance-Free, Petroleum and Petrolatum-free, Pthalate-free, Paraffin-free, Mineral Oil-free, no artificial colors, No Silicone Oil, No Menthol, Phenol, or Salicylic Acid, & Certified Cruelty-free (No Animal Testing).
(Vegan, Unscented) ingredients: Organic Virgin, Unrefined Coconut Oil: Anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory. Contains essential fatty acids and antioxidants, and is very moisturizing. Organic Shea Butter (Unrefined, Fair Trade): Anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial. Contains vitamins A, E, and F, proteins, fatty acids, and healing minerals, and can help with dry skin without clogging pores. Magnesium Oil: Anti-deodorant. Magnesium is also an extremely important mineral for health. Our absorbable magnesium oil contains only raw, ultra-pure magnesium chloride and other trace minerals drawn from the Ancient Zechstein Seabed in Northern Europe. Organic Arrowroot Powder (maranta arundinacea): Deodorizing, healing, and antibacterial, and good for use on dry, irritated, or sensitive skin. Also absorbs moisture and softens the skin. Baking Soda: Absorbs perspiration, anti-deodorant. Wildcrafted Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia Cerifera): Natural thickener and moisturizer. The plant has been hand-gathered from the wild, Candelilla Wax, and is not available in a certified organic form. It has been grown in the wild without pesticides, but not under organic certification guidelines. Candelilla wax is a vegan alternative to beeswax, and is used in Green Tidings All Natural Vegetarian Deodorant.
Organic Deodorant Spray $6.83 On Amazon
- Contains essential oil blends for aroma therapeutic benefits
- Contains no aluminum salts, no propylene glycol, no zinc salts, no synthetic fragrances
- Paraben free, polysorbate free, disodium EDTA free, vegan, GMO free, gluten free
- Certified organic
Here are the ingredients listed on their website: Organic Ethanol, Purified Water, EO® Essential Oil Blend [Organic Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Organic Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Organic Geranium Maculatum Oil, Organic Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Organic Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil]
- Is this product also pthalate free? “NO, it is not listed in the ingredients and the plastic is a “1” recycle code. It is often found in plastics that are codes 3 or 7. This can be hidden is a product that does not list all fragrances but this vendor does. If a company lists “fragrance” in the ingredients it can include phthalates. This company lists all the the essential oils used. And by the way, I LOVE this product. keep one in the car or gym bag because it keeps you stink free for about 6 hours at a time.”
Pure Pitz 100% Organic & Purely Natural Deodorant $15 On Amazon
Pure Pitz uses a super-concentrated formula of jojoba oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, and essential oils to effectively keep body odor at bay. But don’t worry: The balance of carrier oils and essential oils keep the overall scent subtle.
Reviews are mixed on Amazon. Some say it doesn’t work, while others are thrilled with it.
- Certified Organic, Pure Pitz is made from only the finest, ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil, Aluminim-Free Baking Soda, Organic Beeswax, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Proprietary Blend of Organic Essential Oils, Organic Corn Starch, and Vitamin E. PRESERVED NATURALLY!
- The Clean Answer to Neutralizing Body Order! Certified organic and made from only the cleanest ingredients, including aluminum-free baking soda. This concentrated formula comes in a BPA-Free plastic container – perfect size for travel and gym bags.
- SUPER CONCENTRATED!
LAVANILA The Healthy Fragrance $58 On Amazon –
Blend of Vanilla, Tonka Bean and Rich Heliotrope
Ingredients: Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chrysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.
By J “Best smell, ever. Love love love. Some Vanilla perfumes smell like children or flowers or goth chicks. Not this. Feminine, subtle, awesome”
By collegegirl “I tried this perfume because it received excellent reviews and I love the smell of vanilla. However, if you are looking for a perfume that has a sweet smell, like vanilla extract, I strongly suggest that you keep looking. This perfume is extremely musky, and the smell of vanilla is overpowered by the additional notes. As a 24-year-old girl, I was reminded of something an old lady might wear. I was greatly disappointed and I returned the product (a first for me!). I don’t think this is the vanilla perfume for you”
Lavanila Deodorants – Try Them From Amazon
- 100% Natural
- Free of petrochemicals, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oils, silicone, synthetic dyes, sulfates, and parabens
By Chelsea Howard “I was looking for a healthy alternative to deodorant and was told this would do the trick. On days with light movement, it’s okay. On active days, not so much!”
By Kelly “I love the smell and the effectiveness of this deodorant! I have always struggled with underarm perspiration and smell, yet do not want to continue using all of the chemically loaded antiperspirants. I started using this 2 years ago and I love it! Even though it’s just a deordorant, it works on my perspiration and smell also. I sometimes have to reapply mid-day but not everyday. It goes on clear and doesn’t leave a white residue on clothing. Highly recommend this product”
By VeraP “I’ve been on a search for a natural deodorant that actually works and have tried dozens.
While LAVANILLA The Health Deodorant smells great and works better than most, I’m still noticing an armpit smell after a few hours. (Disclosure: I don’t have a sweating problem and most regular deodorants work great for me) “
Deodorant Cream 2 oz by Soapwalla $20 On Amazon