Do you have a girlfriend who has worn the same signature scent for years? She stocks up on it, because she is afraid it will discontinue some day. Every time you get together, you identify her classic scent and cannot smile, because it reminds you of her personality every single time you get together.
Maybe you are one of those ladies who has been loyal to a brand for years because you simply adore the smell ………..or maybe you haven’t found something that you can surely say ……”that is me“.
Here is a quick guide to steering you in the right direction when searching for the right fragrance that you might just fall in love with. We listed a couple different basic fragrance groups that most perfumes fall within to help you narrow down the list of fragrances that are on the market
Floral Scents– This group of fragrances are the most popular and largest group. If you love the smells of the floral shop, this group might be worth looking at. Inspired from flowers such as roses, orange blossoms, carnations and gardenias- this group can be very soft feminine scent.
- 1. Flora by Gucci– (notes of citrus, rose and peony)
- 2. Touch of Pink by Lacoste (jasmine, violet, coriander, orange with vanilla)
- 3. Daisy by Marc Jacobs (blend of pear sorbet, neroli, bergamot, freesia, mimosa, orange blossom and nymphea with palo santo wood, amber wood and musk)
- 4. Stella by Stella McCartney (classical floral scent of roses)
- 5. Chloe by Chloe (pink peony, lychee, freesia, rose, magnolia and lily of the valley with amber, cedarwood and honey)
- 6. Romance by Ralph Lauren (Rose, marigold, yellow freesia, lotus flower, white violet and day lily with a base of patchouli, musk and oakmoss)
- 7. Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf (Bulgarian Rose, Palma violets, cassie and wild hawthorn with white musk)
- 8. Crystal Noir by Versace (African Orange flower, peony, coconut, gardenia with ginger, cardamom and pepper)
- 9. Rose the One by Dolce & Gabbana (Bulgarian rose, peony, madonna lily, peach, plum and muguet)
Green Scents– If you love the smells of the rain, grass, woods and trees, this might be the direction to look within. These fragrances blend together pine, juniper, leaves, herbs and grass for the woman who lives for the outdoors.
Forest Scents ( oakmoss, sandalwood crisp citrus)
- 1. Narcisco Rodriguez for Her (pink Pepper Lavender Patchouli Violet Amber Woody Accord)
- 2. Commes des Garcons White (palm tree leaves, green pepper, dew mist and jungle leaves,base notes of gunpowder accord, vetiver, smoke and white musk) ,
- 3. CB I Hate Perfume In The Library,(English Novel, Russian and Moroccan leather bindings, worn cloth and a hint of wood polish.)
- 4. CB I Hate Perfume Water Perfume (salty breath of the breeze off the Mediterranean, driftwood, rocks covered with seaweed and the smell of old leather suitcases)
Fresh Herb Green Scents- (fresh herbs, vines, leafy scents)
- 1. Bvlgari Green Tea,(green tea blended with jasmine, rose and citrus)
- 2. Guerlain Acqua Allegoria Herba Fresca,(a barefoot summer’s walk in the early morning, in a dew-damped garden where the first fragrances of grass rise from the soil, blending with the scent of mint, fruit trees and wild flowers.)
- 3. Diptyque Eau de Lierre, (lively, fragrant, green freshness. A botanical scent with a vibrant, peppery heart landing on the depths of rosewood.)
- 4. Gucci Envy (hyacinth, magnolia, lily of the valley, jasmine, violet, iris and musk)
Oriental Scents– this grouping often introduces mixes of spices, amber, balsams in a rich, musky scent. These perfumes often suggest warmth and exotic sensuality.
Woody Oriental –
- 1. Hanae Mori Magical Moon,(Blooming Osmanthus Flower, Porcelain Rose, Sugar Cane, Cotton Flower, Coconut Milk, Vanilla, White Musk, White Sandalwood, Red Cedar, Incense, Litchi, Patchouli, Pineapple Pulp, Guava Nectar, Star Fruit, Orange Flowers, Pink Berries)
- 2. Givenchy Hot Couture, (aromatic woods and spices)
- 3. Serge Lutens Cedre, (Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Cinnamon, Musk, Amber)
- 4. Hermes Eau des Merveilles, (citrus, pepper, fragrant woods and vetiver.)
- 5.Shalimar– (fresh flowers, bergamot, iris, jasmine, vanilla, tonka bean)
- 1. Amarige by Givenchy, (violet, mimosa, soft sweet spices, and orange flowers)
- 2. Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, (fresh spicy amber, vanilla and wood)
- 3. Guerlain L’Instant, (sweet spice, orange flowers)
- 5. Dior Midnight Poison, (mandarin orange, bergamot, patchouli, bourbon vanilla, rose, ambrox, amber)
- 6. Miller Harris Fleur Oriental (base of amber, vanilla and musk, which is lightened and animated by fresh orange flower, heliotrope, spicy carnation and Turkish rose.)
- 7. Hermes Kelly Caleche (iris, mimosa, lily of the valley, rose, tuberose)
Soft Oriental– (amber, musk, soft florals and spices)
- 1. Hanae Mori Butterfly, (blackberry, strawberry, black currant, bilberry, rose, jasmine, sandalwood, rosewood)
- 2. Donna Karan Cashmere Mist,(Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk)
- 3. Sage Machado Onyx Oil, (black coconut, tobacco and oakmoss, with a base note of vanilla, amber)
- 4. Sage Machado Garnet Oil (gardenia, moroccan red rose, amber, vanilla and musk)
Citrus Scents- This grouping is for the lady who loves the smells at the market. Think of fruits such as lemons, limes, tangerine, and mandarine. Citrus scents are sometimes paired with vanilla for an uplifting, tangy aroma for a woman of energy.
- 1. Bvlgari White Tea, (artemisia leaves, ambrette, white pepper, white tea, musk, woody amber)
- 2. Guerlain Pamplelune, (grapefruit, patchouli)
- 3. Acqua Di Parma Colonia Absoluta, (rosemary, citrus, lavender)
- 4. Cartier Eau de Cartier, (lavender, bergamot, musk, with high notes of yuzo)
- 5. Diptyque Oyedo,(lime, mandarin orange, lemon & yuzu- Middle note is thyme-Base note is woodsy accord)
- 6. Miller Harris Tangerine Vert, (Sicilian green tangerines orange grapefruit & lemon-Blended with marjoram geranium cedar moss & sweet musk)
- 7. Miller Harris Fleur du Matin, (pine marjoram honeysuckle neroli with lemon & basil-)
- 8. Hermes Eau d’Orange Verte,(fresh citrus and greens)
- 9. Annick Goutal eau d’Hadrien (Ylang Ylang, Citrus, Basil, Sweet And Herbal)
- 10.Jessica Mcclintock By Jessica Mcclintock – (Lemon, Along With Basil, White Rose, And White Jasmine)
- 11.Michael Kors Sporty Citrus- (Orange, Tangerine. Middle Notes: Orange Blossom Naranjo. Base notes: white musk. )
Woody Scents– Are fragrances that are dominated by woody scents, typically of sandalwood, cedar, vetiver, oakmoss and amber.
Woody suggested scents:
- 1. Aromatics Elixir, by Clinique,
- 2. bois de paradise, by parfums delrae (notes of citrus, French rose, blackberry, fig, spices, woods, and amber)
- 3. Sensuous, by Estée Lauder (Notes of ghost lily accord, magnolia, jasmine petals, molten woods, amber, sandalwood, black pepper, mandarin pulp, and honey)
- 4. Joop! for Women ( florals, vanilla, and sandalwood)
- 5. Thierry Mugler Womanity– (caviar red berries, figs and wood)
- 6. Tom Ford Sahara Noir- (Made with oriental woody notes, based on incense, Sahara Noir features frankincense, cypress, bitter orange and cinnamon.)
- 7. Burberry Body– (Sensual notes of woody cashmeran, creamy vanilla, seductive amber and musk warm the base.)
- 8. Jicky by Guerlain– (vanilla notes, a musky finish and a woody base)
- 9. Yves Saint Laurent Elle Intense ( notes of raspberries, pink berries and patchouli)
Leather Scents-This family of fragrances features the scents of honey, tobacco, wood and wood tars in its middle or base notes and a scent that alludes to leather.
Leather Wood Scents:
- 1. Donna Karan Black Cashmere, (patchouli, jasmine and heliotrope)
- 2. Coco by Chanel, (Striking top notes of grapefruit and bergamot accentuate the rose and jasmine infused floral accord, while notes of Indonesian patchouli and sandalwood add warmth)
- 3. Guerlain Samsara, (amber sandalwood and jasmine blended with other oriental florals and vanilla.)
- 4. Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque, (honey, musk, incense, tobacco leaf, hay sugar, amber, iris, rose and sandalwood)
- 5. Child – Heir Perfume Oil Paris Hilton (forest woods, deep leather and clean lime.)
- 6. Bottega Veneta Perfumed Hair Mist Natural Spray– (a leathery floral chypre, marries the air of the Venetian countryside, fresh meadows, mown grass, flowers, earth and wood – with the gentle richness of leather.)
Clean / Oceanic Scents– One of the newest categories in perfume which smells very clean, ocean or shower fresh.
Water Ocean Scents– (watery, airy, icy and dewy)
- 1. Issey Miyake L’Eau de Issey, (Lotus, Freesia, Cyclamen, Rose Water, Fresh Peonies, Carnation, White Lilies, Precious Woods, Osmanthus, Tuberose, Amberseed, Musk)
- 2. Sage Machado Turquoise, ( note accord of watery, flower-infused musks melds with mysore sandalwood for a dry down of freshly subtle depth )
- 3. Clean Eau De Parfum (extracts of water lily, violet leaves, sparkling bergamot with a hint of tropical rain accord and sandalwood)
- 4. Cool Water Wave Perfume- (watermelon, mango, passion fruit and guava. The floral mid-notes contain freesia, peony and pink peppercorn. The base is a blend of sandalwood, iris wood, amber and musk.)
- 5. Escada Magnetism (Green And Fresh Fruits And Leaves, With A Touch Of Musk And Patchouli.)
- 6. Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue– (rose, apple, musk and jasmine)
- 7. Beyonce Pulse- (pear, raspberry, pomegranate, jasmine, peony)
- 8. Clean Fresh Laundry by Dlish (Brazilian Orange, Rose Otto, Night Blooming White Jasmine, Cotton Blossom and Mexican Lime)
- 9. Red Roses by Jo Malone (seven types of roses cut with spearmint)
See more “fresh, clean” examples on this fragrantica.com
Perfume Studio- ALL Roll On OIL perfumes from major designers from Amazon
Many perfumes can contain harmful chemicals, such as phthalates and parabens. There are many fragrance companies are going beyond and making their products organic and natural and safe to wear. Here are a couple of those companies.
LIV GRN Natural – LIV GRN body products are 70% U.S. Certified Organic and are completely non toxic to the environment.
- LIV GRN Natural – Top Notes of Lime, Neroli, and Orange Flower. Middle notes filled of Geranium, Rose, and Cyclamen. Base Notes of Jasmine, Egiptian Musk
- LIV GRN Earth– Top Notes of Jasmine, Green Leaves. Middle notes filled with Lavender, Lily of the Valley, and Ocean. Base Notes of Musk, Sandalwood
Lavanila Laboratories is a fragrance that is free of alcohol, petrochemicals, phthalates and synthetic fillers. They make their formulas with a unique blend of essential oils and botanicals including blackberry, raspberry, Goji berry, Kakadu plum and Madagascar Vanilla.
- Try out a mini sampler collection– In this collection, they sell 5 fragrances, Pure Vanilla, Vanilla Grapefruit, Vanilla Coconut, French Vanilla Lemon and Vanilla Lavender for $36 dollars on Amazon.
- Lavanila The Healthy Fragrance, Vanilla Blackberry-1.69 oz $58 On Amazon
Pure DKNY introduced in 2010. The Pure DKNY consists of freesia, vanilla, sandalwood, lotus, rose, transparent jasmine, white amber, orchid, dew-drop petal accord. The Donna Karan pure DKNY Verbena consists of Citrus, Floral, Green, Basil And Verbena. You can try a sample of this for $6 dollars.
The Body Shop’s White Musk– the company re-mixed their signature White Musk for their 30th anniversary of the fragrance, which blended together an organic alcohol made from organic sugar cane straight from Equador.
The Demeter Fragrance Library are 97 percent natural, alcohol-free, and made with safflower, jojoba oil and vitamin E. This collection has over 250 different scents to choose from. Demeter Website
- Some of the most interesting scents are – Angel Food, Almond,Baby Powder, Basil, Beeswax, Beetroot, Black Pepper, Black Russian, Bonfire, Chrysanthemum, Cinnamon Bark, Crayon, Cucumber, Cypress, Fig Leaf, Firefly, Fireplace, Fresh Hay, Gardenia, Geranium, Gingerale, Glue, Grass, Greenhouse, Laundromat, Lime, New Zealand, Ocean, Paint, Paperback, Parsley, Peony, Play-Doh, Poison Ivy, Pomegranate, Pure Soap, Rain Redhead In Bed, Red Poppies, Russian Leather, Rye Bread, Thunderstorm,Waffles, Whiskey Tobacco, Wet Garden
- Buy a sample for only $2.50 each here
- Find Deals On Ebay – Demeter Fragrance On Ebay
- Read The Reviews On Amazon – Roll On Oil Lasts Longer– Demeter Roll On Oil On Amazon
D.S. & Durga perfume are made by hand by blending oils, resins and plant extracts—and only natural ingredients wherever possible.
- Coriander by D.S. & Durga– Sparkling leaf, cubeb, green pepper & cracked Ukrainian coriander seed, magnolia, cool spices & Mediterranean sea-breeze.
- Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga– Rare, narcotic jasmine, crisp mint, Oriental amber, sandalwood & powdery incense. Worn by Countess Anna Vladoska at her legendary balls.
- Silent Grove by D.S. & Durga– In a random patch of New England woods, a linden clad pond rests untouched. American lotus floats. Dew drops hang upon the marsh grass. Phillips beach air is not far. Feminine, light bodied, green, musk
- Poppy Rouge by D.S. & Durga– In Mississippi John Hurt’s “Richland Women’s Blues” a loose married woman prepares for a night on the town in her “rosy red garters, bright poppy rouge, & turkey red bloomer.” Neroli buds, jonquil, Parma violet & dewy musk. Characteristics: feminine, light bodied, citrus, floral, musk
Mississippi Medicine by D.S. & Durga- Native birch tar, viola, & white spruce grounded in incense & cypress root. Characteristics: masculine, medium bodied, smoke, wood
Manuel Canovas L’ile Bleue, Missoni Perfume, L’Occitane Perfume, Archipelago Botanicals,
Michael Kors Parfum Spray, Jo Malone Cologne, Bobbi Brown Parfum
Prada Tendre Eau de Parfum Spray, Chanel n5 Parfum, Ralph Lauren Notorious Eau de Parfum Spray, Gucci By Gucci Eau de Toilette, Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Parfum Spray, Estee Lauder Sensuous Eau de Parfum