80,000 new chemicals have been introduced and most have never been tested for safety. Every single person and animal has traces of toxic chemicals or metals in its tissues. Where it becomes a problem is when these toxins move from the blood into storage sites like fatty tissues and organs.
Here are some clues to how well your detox system is working:
- Are you always constipated?
- Do you feel fatigued
- Do you often have muscle aches or headaches?
- Do you seem to have concentration, or memory problems?
- Does your urine smell strong and look dark in appearance?
- Do you drink tap water?
- Do you have your clothes dry cleaned?
- Do you live or work in a building with poor ventilation?
- Has your home been treated by an exterminator?
- Do you use household or lawn and garden chemicals?
- Do you have more than one or two mercury amalgams (“silver” fillings)?
- Do you use wifi often?
- Do you eat swordfish or tuna more than once a week?
- Are you sensitive to gasoline fumes, perfumes, new-car smells, fabric stores, tobacco smoke, hairspray, detergents or soaps?
- Do you have a negative reaction to MSG’s or sulfates?
- Do you live in a large urban or industrial area?
- When you drink coffee do you feel palpitations, sweating or dizziness ?
- Do you regularly take acetaminophen (Tylenol), acid-blocking drugs such as (Tagamet, Prilosec, Prevacid)? Are you taking hormone pills, patches or creams such as birth control , estrogen, progesterone or prostate medication? Do you take ibuprofen regularly? Do you take medications for recurrent headaches? Do you take medications for allergy symptoms
- Do you have a history of breast cancer, prostate problems, food allergies or sensitivities?
If you answered yes, consider a detox. Your body may be holding on to toxins which may be making you feel bogged down. Deep cleanses should be considered with a doctors advisement.