The Hollywood Regency style has become popular with those people who want the luxurious feel for their homes, but also love to entertain color, and anything new and fresh.
You can have this look in your own home, and it doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Here are a few quick tips to get this look for less.
1. Invest In A Few Great Pieces
Familiarize yourself with this style and pick out the furnishings that appear in the magazines that speak to you. Consider investing in a few key pieces that will take the spot light in your home. Unique accent chairs, over-sized paintings, sofas, beds, and chests are all great pieces to invest in. Invest in the bigger pieces rather than the accessories. Little pieces can be picked up for less, and exchanged out as your room evolves.
Find vintage pieces that have personality to them.
Search online for pieces that you don’t see every day and position them as the main attraction of the room. Homes designed around the modern looks are not cluttered, but rather showcase a few key accessories that shine.
Consider placing your collections in metal etageres
Books is another great decorative item that can be displayed in a home. They can be stacked in a decorative way on coffee tables, or on side chairs. Consider using a regency bar cart to house a variety of wine decanters, and attractive clear glass alcoholic bottles. An attractive bar cart not only looks fantastic in a home decorated around the modern styles, but also is practical for entertaining.
Where to shop?
Look for vintage pieces have that one of a kind charm on ebay, 1st dibs, etsy and One Kings Lane. These online websites can be the perfect place to shop for really unusual pieces that can bring a bit of a edge to your room.
2. Add Metal Sculptures and Furniture
Keep an eye out for unique art made from metal. Items such as sculptures, chairs, chandeliers and chests works perfectly with the mod style. Go for the sensational pieces that can appear dramatic, and staggering. Get something that nobody else has and show it off in a big way. The modern style is one that is interesting, so go for the unexpected. Show a edgy side to your personality that people often don’t see at work.
3. Incorporate Pattern Into Your Rooms
Geometrical patterns seem to be in style over the years, making it a perfect choice for art, rugs, and throw pillows. Introduce pattern through your area rugs. Go for something with a strong pattern, and work with furniture painted in white to off set a really bold pattern.
Canvas art for the wall can bring additional bright colors into the room. You can also create your own art by google imaging “Geometrical patterns” and finding a pattern that is easy enough to copy on to an over-sized frame. Replicate the pattern by using an overhead projector, and sample size paint bought from your local Home Depot.
For additional pattern inspiration see these posts:
- Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti’s –Empire Decorated Home
- Geometric Painted Flooring –Empire Decorating
- Check out Paper Art from Matthew Shlian -thisiscolossal.com
4. Introduce Wood Into Your Design
Contrasts can give your home personality. Pair together modern metal pieces with raw wood. The flamboyant nature of the glamorous style needs a foot in reality, so pair together natural wood chairs, with earthy leather can bring a balance to a room in an unexpected way.
5. The Unexpected Is Always Welcome
Color can play a huge role in determining how the room is perceived to a guest. Even amongst clean lines and minimal furnishings, color can be the way of adding comfort. Go for high gloss sheens for kitchen cabinetry, and exchange out the hardware for something with a modern edge. It is amazing what new hardware can do for cabinets, and furniture.
– A First Look at Celerie Kemble’s Gorgeous New Furniture & Accessories Collections for Henredon & Maitland-Smith! So Haute Blog
Zuo Draper Lounge Chair Buy it on Amazon For $358
- Gloria Antique Brass Mirror Accent Table Buy it on Amazon for $199
- Antique Silver Finish Decorative Charger on Stand Buy it on Amazon From $249
- Antique Brass and Black Tray Table- Buy it for $169
- Gold Mercury Glass Table Lamp – Buy one on Amazon from $99
- Robert Abbey Twelve Light Wall/Flush Mount, Buy it on $820 ,Larger size, $1600
- 8 Oz Glass with Gold Rims – Set of 6 Glasses Buy it on Amazon for $39
- Addison Solid Polished Wood Art Deco Brass End Table Buy it for $550
- Andrew Industrial Reclaimed Wood Cast Iron Sofa Buy it on Amazon for $5K
- Andrew Industrial Reclaimed Wood Cast Iron Chair Buy it on Amazon for $4 K
- Arne Jacobson Egg Chair In Pony Hide $1294 Amazon
- Abstract Man Bronze Sculpture- 7 1/4″ high. 8 3/4″ wide. 8 1/2″ deep. Buy it on Amazon $49
- Pamela Tufted Chair, Solid Velvet by Home Decorators Collection Buy it on Amazon for $299
- Spotlight Table Lamp in Steel Finish by Adesso – Buy on Amazon for $64
- Adesso 3051-22 Spotlight Steel Floor Lamp with Tripod Base by Adesso Buy it on Amazon For $82
- Adesso Zurich Magazine Rack, Walnut by Adesso- Buy it For $59
- Adesso Contour Rolling Coffee Table, Natural by Adesso Buy it from $180,end table from $116
- Armen Igloo 30″ Green Microfiber Swivel Bar Stool- Buy it from $370
More Interesting Articles :
Lucite and brass bar stools from the 1970s
Delfina Round Gold Twig Accent Table Buy it from Amazon from $239
Delfina Round Gold Twig Tripod Accent Table Buy it on Amazon for $179
Delfina Square Gold Twig Accent Table Buy it from $249
HomeVance Morgan Accent Table Buy it for $189
Robert Abbey Chandeliers Buy it on Amazon
Physics Ceiling Lamps In Chrome From Zuo- Buy It On Amazon
Starburst 27″ Round Metal Wall Art Buy it on Amazon for $97
ARTICHOKE Pendant Lamp Buy it on Amazon from $323
Zuo Providence Armchair, White Buy it for $958
Set of 4 Zuo Modern Scope Black Dining Chair Buy it on Amazon $472
Zuo Draper Lounge Chair, Black or White Buy it for $358
Zuo 50006 Supernova Table Lamp, Chrome Buy it On Amazon $290
Carolyn Tufted French Sofa- Buy it for $999
Zuo Modern Lider Office Chair’s From Amazon
Buy From Fine Mod Imports on Amazon
Buy the Sofa for $1300, And The Accent Chloe Chair for $1100