You have a talent, and its about time you made some money with your skills. Where can you sell?
Here are some questions many have asked, and some options for you to investigate:
Question: Who is eBay’s biggest competitor?
Question : How can I make money selling things online?
Question – Is Mercari better than Bonanza?
According to some, here is how they rank. As for website marketplace ranking: Amazon comes in first place, eBay in second place, Mercari comes in third place and Bonanza in fourth place.
Question – How does Etsy compare?
Question : What can I use instead of eBay?
- Facebook Marketplace.
- Ruby Lane.
Question : Does Amazon sell used?
Question: How Can I Sell Homemade Successfully:
- Keep consistent. When handcrafting a product, consistency can be a challenge. …
- Offer a variety. Get your product in front of as many people as possible and offer a variety of options within your specific line of products. …
- Sell locally. …
- Focus on SEO. …
- Have great photography. …
- Be passionate.
Question : Do I have to pay taxes on handmade items?
No, but according to the IRS, if you make income from selling items at a craft fair, whether it’s a hobby or your primary business, you are required to report the income on your tax return. –Do I Have to Charge Sales Tax at a Craft Fair?
Question : Is it cheaper to sell on Amazon or Etsy?
Question : How much does Etsy take per sale?
Question : How much money can you make on a hobby before paying tax?
Question: What is Spoonflower?
SpoonFlower has a more specific niche. The online platform allows designers to create their own patterns for things like fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap. Designers can then sell the fabrics they’ve designed or use them to create other handmade items.
Sites Other Than Etsy To Consider:
Visit Shopify here
1. Shopify gives you a website builder with hundreds of templates. You can customize it with your brand’s specific logos and images, videos, and text.
2. Many people say it is the most user-friendly site for beginners to manage. ( this includes me! I need things easy! )
3. The Basic Shopify plan starts at $29 per month, plus 2.9% and $0.30 per transaction for online payment processing. But, can start with Shopify Lite at just $9/month. With Shopify Lite, it does not allow you to create your own online store, but, it does provide you the ability to sell on Facebook, or on your website. For those looking for an alternative to Etsy, you can upgrade to the Basic Shopify plan to make the most out of a selling platform.
2. Handmade at Amazon
Handmade at Amazon might be your Etsy alternative. Here are some reasons you may need to consider:
1. Amazon has features like fulfillment by Amazon and Amazon sponsored ads.
2. It is not so easy to get approved. In order to sell on Amazon Handmade, you need to apply for an account. Then, its a waiting game. You are sitting and waiting for them to decide if you’ll be approved or not. It’s not as easy as just signing yourself up, and then adding products. It could even take a few weeks for the process to see a completion.
3. Listing products is free, and when you make a sale, they will deduct a 15% referral fee. A professional selling plan costs $39.99 per month for an Amazon seller, although this monthly fee is waived for approved applicants in the program after the first month.
4. See if your category fits in with their parameters – Handmade products include Artwork, Baby, Beauty & Personal Care, Clothing, Shoes & Handbags, Home, Outdoor & Home Care, Jewelry & Watches, Kitchen & Dining, Pet Supplies, Sporting Goods, Stationery & Party Supplies and Toys & Games.
5. Look through this category – Handmade on Amazon
3. Sell With Bonanza
Bonanza is another Etsy alternative that offers a large marketplace with the opportunity to build a stand-alone online store.
Marketing – A PLUS!
Bonanza automatically sends listings to Bing and Google Shopping. This allows you to have more exposure through advertising their listings in other channels.
Sellers who move to Bonanza tend to say that exposure was a primary driving factor.
At 1300:1, the ratio of buyers to sellers on Bonanza is much higher than eBay. This might allow you to see less competition between sellers and more chances for buyers to notice your products.
Bring your ebay rating with you -The best thing about Bonanza is that you can bring your eBay reputation with you. If you have credibility, show it off on your day-old Bonanza page.
Here are some challenges:
- The design tools at Bonanza for customizing your standalone online store are more limited and less user-friendly.
- Bonanza is not yet a household name.
What do you think? Is 2022 the year you plan on starting a business for yourself?