Dr. Lisa Strohman worked with the FBI’s Child Abduction and Serial Killer Unit. Although she has since moved on to working as a clinical psychologist, the 387 cases she covered with the FBI are still branded in her memory. Here is what she wants you to know:
- A lot of predators today go on Instagram and follow accounts that kids don’t make private.
- Predators follow kids’ habits. They watch who they are friends with.
- Predators try to learn which school kids attend
- Predators try to encourage kids to get onto a platform that parents can’t monitor.
- KIK is a messaging app, but its base servers out of the country. Predators know that we have no jurisdiction as U.S. law enforcement to be able to access that information or data.
- Predators will often write, “KIK me at” and then they’ll paste a hyperlink for kids to follow.
This information was sourced at entitymag.com/